MMA is a popular sport that is known to many as “ultimate fighting”. In fact, there are also rules in it, the violation of which can lead to disqualification or other negative consequences for the athlete. It is important to bear in mind that betting on fights without rules is a promising direction that can bring good profits in betting. This sport is the most aggressive and spectacular, and fights almost never end in a draw.
Who are the most outstanding MMA fighters?
There are many great quality fighters in the history of mixed martial arts who impress all fans of the sport with their skills and track record.
When composing our TOP 3, we paid attention to the achievements of fighters and the duration of dominance in their weight class, as well as their impact on the MMA world as a whole.
- Dustin Poirier
- Nickname: The Diamond
- Born January 19, 1989 in Lafayette, Louisiana, USA.
- The most significant achievement is the “interim” UFC lightweight champion.
- He began professional performances in MMA with a featherweight division, now he is in a lightweight one.
- Conor McGregor
- Nickname: Notorious
- Born July 14, 1988 in Dublin (Ireland). At the age of 12, he started boxing.
- Most significant victories: Max Holloway, Dustin Poirier, Jose Aldo, Eddie Alvarez, Nate Diaz.
- He played at the featherweight and lightweight divisions, and also had two fights in the welterweight division.
- Gilbert Burns
- Nickname: Durinho (Portuguese – “cool”).
- Born July 20, 1986 in Niteroi (Brazil). Full name – Gilbert Alexander Pontes Burns.
- The most significant victories: in 2019, the Brazilian began an incredible winning streak, during which Alexey Kunchenko, Gunnar Nelson, former UFC champions Damian Maia and Tyrone Woodley were defeated.
- Burns is performing in the welterweight division. Previously he fought in the lightweight division.
What is important in MMA betting?
- Promotions: MMA tournaments are held within a specific organization. The most influential tournament company is the UFC. UFC fights are more common in the bookmaker line. Also, the UFC has the largest number of fighters with big names. Among them are Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor.
- Irregularity of fights. A professional MMA fighter does not perform a maximum of 2-3 times a year. Accordingly, the rest intervals between fights sometimes exceed six months – the time during which some fighters manage to lose their form.
- 8 weight classes from flyweight to heavyweight. Of particular interest are the transitions of fighters from one category to another. Fighters often fail to start in a new category. Also a tense moment is the weighing of athletes, before whom they often have to hastily reduce the weight in order to “fit” into the category.
- Variety of styles of fighters. It is interesting to watch a duel, where one fighter is a pronounced “drummer”, and the other prefers fighting on the ground.
What are the main types of bets?
The line in MMA is almost the same as in boxing. Also, there is no list for most of the matches and only bets on winning the fight are offered. The painting is offered in the matches of eminent opponents, which arouse the interest of the public.
In addition to bets on the total of rounds and an early victory, bets are offered that the fight will end with a painful (choke) or knockout. Attractive odds are offered on a decision win, with both unanimous and split decision bets.